Thursday, August 15, 2013

Iowa Craft Beer Tent @ the Iowa State Fair | Des Moines, IA


This past weekend, Greg and I made the trip to Des Moines for the Iowa State Fair. It had been the first time I'd gone to the fair since... well, that Christina Aguilera Genie in a Bottle tour concert back when I was in fifth or sixth grade. Haha. Greg and I met up with our buddy Dan for a Sunday at the fair.

I knew this State Fair experience would be better. While Greg pined away for fried butter (I know... what?!) I had my heart set on the Iowa Craft Beer Tent. It was all I'd hoped for and more. I think it was so awesome that so many Iowa craft brewers were able to get their beers out there, into the hands, and into the mouths of soooo many people. It's a great thing for Iowa beer.

First, I enjoyed a Hopburst from Madhouse Brewing Company in Newton. Later, I enjoyed a Soulful Saison from Court Avenue Brewing Company. Mm mm mmm, I love me some hops and a refreshing Saison. Greg drank a Brick Red Ale from Keg Creek and (I believe) a Golden Nugget from Toppling Goliath. For the life of me, I can't remember what Dan had. It was lemonade-y.


With my main mission out of the way, we spent the rest of our fair time ooohing and awwwwing at baby farm animals, laughing at an overly sociable piggy, avoiding stepping in horse poo, and tracking down all the fair foods we wanted to eat: mini donuts, blooming onions, and corn dogs. We never did find that fried butter.

Greg, me (Jess), and Dan at the fair.

Sunday at the State Fair and sampling brews at the Iowa Craft Beer Tent was a great success. And I even managed not to get sunburned!

Did you hit up the beer tent? What did you drink?



No comments:

Post a Comment