Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beer and Brats Festival at Millstream Brewing


This is a little bit late, but on Saturday, June 29 Greg and I ventured over to Amana for Millstream Brewing Co.'s Beer & Brat Festival. The stormy day cleared up just in time for the fest, where Amana Smokehouse and Meat Market served up delicious mini brats to pair with Millstream beer. The brats were soooo good. (As was the beer, too, of course.)


The cheddar brats and Andouille brats were our faves. The cheddar was pumped full of smooth, cheesy goodness and the Andouille was nice and spicy. Both were delicious with German mustard, which I'd never had but will forever be a staple in my fridge. Also tried the Big Honey Hefeweissen from their Brewmasters's Extreme Series. I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor and bite the honey hefe had - not the light, sweet beer I was not-so-excitedly expecting. Definitely going to have to track down more honey hefe for a full review.


We washed down our brats with our favorite Millstream brews: Schild Brau Amber for Greg, Back Road Stout for me. (I'm pretty sure we have like seven variations of this photo of those two beers by now... Haha.) Also tried the Big Honey Hefeweissen from their Brewmasters's Extreme Series. I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor and bite the honey hefe had - not the light, sweet beer I was not-so-excitedly expecting. Definitely going to have to track down more honey hefe for a full review.



No comments:

Post a Comment